Over the years, we’ve established ourselves as strong advocates and effective coalition builders, engaging not only our membership, but also convening allied groups, governments and their constituents. We’ve partnered with national groups such as the Conservation Alliance, Winter Wildlands Alliance, IMBA, Access Fund, and the Wilderness Society as well as local groups like the Sierra Club, Salt Lake Climbers Alliance, Wild Utah Project, and Wasatch Backcountry Alliance to show a united voice for conservation in Utah. Save Our Canyons has been at the forefront of efforts to stop controversial developments that would forever alter the naturalness of the Wasatch and negatively backcountry recreation, diminish suitability of wilderness quality lands and harm sensitive habitat. In addition to playing successful defense, Save Our Canyons also has an impressive track record of seeing our conservation proposals realized as designated wilderness with Lone Peak, Twin Peaks, Mt. Olympus, Mt. Naomi, Mount Timpanogos, and Mt. Nebo Wilderness areas.
Coalatree is partnering up with Save Our Canyons by donating 10% of all contributions to our new Kickstarter Campaign that are made using the link below.
All contributions will go towards:
- Support for an increase in year-round public transportation in and out of all major canyons
- Continue building our community to unify and strengthen our collective voice
- Implement a Management Plan for the Central Wasatch that will put an end to ski area expansion, and design a recreation system that is in harmony with watershed and wildlife
- Put an end to the exploitation of the resource and attain a resilient future for the Wasatch
- Promote volunteerism, educate and engage youth, and giving back to the place that gives us an unparalleled quality of life
Pre-order our new Switchback Travel Shirt and 10% of your contribution will go to Save our Canyons:
For more information about Save Our Canyons and ways to get involved through volunteering or donations please visit: saveourcanyons.org.